Teachers don't expect kindergarteners to start reading and writing but they expect them to be good listeners, follow instructions and keep their impulses in check. You can help improve your child's readiness for reading and writing by trying out these tips.
1. Talk to your child to help them learn to speak and understand the meaning of words.
2. Ask questions that require more than one-word answers.
3. Read to your child everyday, hearing words help them become familiar with them.
4. Spend as much time listening and talking to your child as you do talking to him.
5. Create a quiet special place for your child to read, write and draw.
Reading well is the heart of all learning.